No Bookmarks Exist.
Awesome. Welcome. It is 535 on Tuesday, November 28th, 2023. 00:00:00
And I'm I'm Hayden Roden and I'm going to call to order the Vineyard Bicycle Advisory Commission meeting. 00:00:07
So the first thing on the agenda is the open session and we'll use this time Anthony, if that's OK for public comment if there's 00:00:14
anyone that wants to. 00:00:18
Share anything. Now is the time to do so. 00:00:24
Hi, David Luray. 00:00:37
I just want to say. 00:00:40
This. 00:00:49
And we appreciate very much your interest and effort in doing. 00:00:50
And wanting to make Vineyard a better place. 00:00:54
Thank you. Thank you. I appreciate. 00:00:56
And also I wanted to say Azure, I noticed on your agenda you're planning for. 00:00:58
You know, beyond this year, beyond. I would ask you if you remember the the issue of the. 00:01:04
The bicycle Blvd. That was, you know, scheduled for Holloway Rd. Phase two of the Holdaway farms. 00:01:13
Is very likely to start this next calendar year. 00:01:20
And we were promised at that point as soon as that road went through at 400. 00:01:23
For the South went through and that'd be part of that effort. So we want to make sure that that happens. 00:01:29
Number one, Number two, once it does. 00:01:33
Make sure we don't forget through that bicycle Blvd. hallway. 00:01:36
So that was and thank you very much for your service. 00:01:39
Great. Thank you. Yeah, I know. 00:01:43
The The Bullet Bike Blvd. has been added to the Active. 00:01:47
Either the Active Transportation Plan or the Master Transportation Plan. 00:01:52
And so. 00:01:55
Yeah, I'm sure that once that road is connected that. 00:01:56
Be able to give a timeline or. 00:02:00
Update on the status of the bicycle Blvd. because yeah, that's something that I think. 00:02:03
We all would like to see as well in the city, so thank you for that. 00:02:08
I think it's on both. The active transitions. It's on both, yeah. 00:02:13
There's no other comments. We'll. 00:02:20
Dive right into the work session where we'll talk through the. 00:02:22
Survey responses for the safety survey. 00:02:27
For the northern part of the city. 00:02:30
Anthony, do you have those? 00:02:33
Handy. OK, cool. 00:02:35
Hi, my name is Anthony Fletcher. I'm a planner here at the City UM. 00:03:11
I will be. 00:03:16
All the responses we had from a survey that we sent out to the by Commissioners. 00:03:19
In the last three to four months, we did send out another. 00:03:28
Survey that was for the. 00:03:32
South end part of vineyard which. 00:03:35
Some anywhere from the southern part of Center St. 00:03:40
To the end of the vineyard. 00:03:44
So we had commissioners write this area and identify places where they feel we're unsafe. 00:03:47
And also identify. 00:03:54
Places that could be. 00:03:57
Or you know, redesigned to make biking in those areas safer. And we did send out another survey just as a commissioners for now to 00:03:59
also gather this information for the northern part of Vineyard, which is going to be the northern end of. 00:04:07
Center St. to You know, whenever, wherever the most built part of Vineyard. 00:04:17
Is. 00:04:22
This is the entire area for the study right now. And we're discussing the northern side. We did do the southern side. 00:04:25
So we would combine these responses that we've had from these two surveys and create a survey later on for residents to make. 00:04:33
Inputs for the entire city. 00:04:44
So this is in an effort to. 00:04:47
You know, gather enough. 00:04:50
To help us prioritize projects that could help make the biking and walking experience in the city. 00:04:52
A better one than it's ever been. 00:05:00
So this is the study area. 00:05:03
And it's pretty much everywhere from center St. up, as I did mention before. 00:05:06
For the sake of time. 00:05:12
Is going to be very summarized. I am. This presentation is summarizing all the responses. 00:05:14
To cover all that was. 00:05:21
Pretty much asked. 00:05:24
So. 00:05:28
We had a question that. 00:05:30
Allow the commissioners to rank the entire biking experience in the city. 00:05:34
From one to 10 being with one being the worst and 10 being the best experience. 00:05:40
We had an average of. 00:05:47
Being the overall experience, which in my opinion is pretty good, I am a biker myself and I I bike the city when I'm around. 00:05:51
And. 00:06:01
I would. 00:06:02
Say that seven was pretty accurate at least. 00:06:03
The information that I had that that doesn't mean that we cannot do better than that because the. 00:06:06
There's a lot of work to get even. 00:06:15
So. 00:06:18
The factors that contributed to the perception of safety while biking in the northern part of Vineyard were predominantly. 00:06:21
These you know, factors where we have, one being the quality of the bike infrastructure, we only have a few. 00:06:30
Trails that. 00:06:39
Are being multi use trails that are being used in the city and where people have to bike on the main road. It is a concern because 00:06:40
the infrastructure of shared paths and the entire city does not seem to be one that makes more bikers feel safe than they they are 00:06:46
or they should be. 00:06:53
We have the behavior of drivers. 00:07:00
A number of. 00:07:03
Factors listed and these were the top factors. 00:07:05
We had the behavior of drivers. 00:07:09
There are a lot of drivers that don't pay attention to the road nowadays. 00:07:13
Everyone is on their. 00:07:17
The better we we restrict drivers from doing. 00:07:21
The better it is for our bikers and pedestrians as well. So the behavior of drivers was ranked as. 00:07:24
One of the most. 00:07:31
Things that has to be checked, the traffic speeds on sudden roads. 00:07:33
Made biking unsafe for a lot of people in the northern part of Vineyard. 00:07:38
Based on the survey results. 00:07:43
We do also have. 00:07:45
You know the intercessions. The intersections are. 00:07:48
Design not all the intersections based on the responses or not all designed to. 00:07:53
Accommodate riders. 00:07:58
When they get there and have to also cross to the other side of the road. 00:08:01
You know, even just stay in their lane, drivers do not lookout. 00:08:05
Writers in the intersection. So what we're having from these responses there would be that would need to redesign. 00:08:10
A number of our intersections. 00:08:19
You know, make it safe for. 00:08:22
Bikers and pedestrians. 00:08:24
So in other neighborhoods, we did also have that street parking was an issue because it did prevent it. It didn't make some of the 00:08:31
riders. 00:08:35
Feel unsafe because. 00:08:41
In those neighborhoods, they were not sure. 00:08:43
Someone was gonna pop open your door while they're riding right next to the car, so it was a concern that was also raised in this. 00:08:45
Survey as well and. 00:08:53
Destructive destructive drivers was a big thing. 00:08:56
So these were the top three. 00:09:05
Intersections that. 00:09:08
Identified. 00:09:11
Being very unsafe for riders. 00:09:13
And these include the Vineyard Road and 400. 00:09:16
Not. 00:09:21
Vineyard Connector and Main St. 00:09:24
Center St. and Mill Rd. Intersection. 00:09:28
These were the top three. 00:09:31
There were others that also came up. You know, Mill Road and 400 N. 00:09:33
Was also identified. 00:09:39
But it was really not identified by almost everyone, but these ones came up pretty much on most of the responses that we had. 00:09:41
And we also did ask a question about. 00:09:50
The worst times for. 00:09:54
In. 00:09:56
You know, especially in the northern part being for this survey and the responses we had ranged from 10:00 AM to 9:30 AM. 00:09:58
Umm. 00:10:09
And 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. 00:10:09
Which is pretty typical because a lot of people are trying to get to work and drivers are not watching out for bikers or people 00:10:13
that use bikes and other forms of. 00:10:19
You know micro. 00:10:25
Modes of transportation. 00:10:29
During these times, so it makes people. 00:10:31
Bikes very feel very unsafe. 00:10:35
And in the same way, between 4:00 and 7:00, a lot of people are coming back home. 00:10:38
Geneva Rd. is backed up. 00:10:44
Mill Rd. in the section is backed up and it just carries. 00:10:46
Part of the city as well, so these. 00:10:51
Times that were identified to. 00:10:54
The most UN. 00:10:58
To write in the northern part of Vineyard City. 00:11:00
Now we had a question on. 00:11:03
Wayfinding It was pretty much to find out if what a wayfinding we have for bikers and pedestrians was were enough. 00:11:08
Or would need. 00:11:16
You know the response that we had for almost everyone that responded. 00:11:19
Was. 00:11:24
So we need more wayfinding. And we have good news. The city is working till it's, you know, at least in the planning department. 00:11:26
We're working till it's developing A wayfinding master plan. 00:11:31
Which would take care. 00:11:36
All these issues concerns that we have so the way of finding master plan is not only going to be for. 00:11:39
The trails would have one. 00:11:45
Helps drivers know not only doesn't only point drivers to places in the city, but also. 00:11:47
Draws the attention of drivers or other road users of the fact that this road is shared. You know it's not just. 00:11:55
Used by you. Currently we don't have a lot of those signs. What we have is markings on the floor, I mean on the road that shows 00:12:02
that this road is shared and all that. So as we move forward with this wayfinding master plan is going to identify all these 00:12:07
things. 00:12:12
And our hope is to be able to start that plan. 00:12:18
Next year, 'cause we're in the works to get that started right now. 00:12:22
So wayfinding is a big thing. 00:12:27
We're happy that. 00:12:29
There was a general comment that I realized a run through some of the responses, which I think is very important. That's why I put 00:12:33
it here. It was not from every single person, but we had one that said that we need to improve upon the communication from the 00:12:38
city. 00:12:43
Including the Bicycle Advisory Commission. 00:12:49
To residents on bike and infrastructure and. 00:12:53
When people see bikers on the road, they're confident enough to leave their kids or other family. 00:12:57
Or people they known the city to just go. 00:13:05
Without fear of, you know, thinking they'll be knocked down by a car or have any accidents. 00:13:09
If we we encourage more people and raise more awareness. 00:13:15
Where Where the city gets to the point where we. 00:13:19
A lot of people on the road right in more than you see a lot of cars, which will take time. 00:13:23
It would encourage more people to step out and ride their bikes and thus make. 00:13:30
The entire city more bike friendly. 00:13:37
And obviously, once our city is bike friend. 00:13:40
It's certainly walk. 00:13:44
So for our next steps, the signage and infrastructure quality should be improved as I did mention to promote the bike safety. 00:13:48
And it does a. 00:13:55
In the northern part of Vineyard and we need to also talk about how we can make. 00:13:59
The city feels safer for bikers. 00:14:04
And umm. 00:14:09
That's what we have right now. 00:14:10
Thank you very much for your attention. 00:14:12
Awesome. Thanks, Anthony, for putting that together is. 00:14:16
Time for a quick discussion about that maybe from yeah, sure, we can have about a few minutes of discussion, maybe 10 to 15 if you 00:14:20
want to. I don't know that we need that much. But yeah, just for next steps just I. 00:14:27
Can you go back to the next steps slide? Sorry. 00:14:35
So I think. 00:14:40
In my mind, one of the next, because you mentioned that this was just Commissioners that took this. 00:14:43
Survey. 00:14:49
I would be interested in seeing. 00:14:50
Responses. 00:14:53
The greater vineyard population and see if we could get. 00:14:55
You know, a statistically significant sample on some of this stuff. And and and. 00:14:59
Maybe compare it? 00:15:04
To these responses that we. 00:15:06
Because now we've now done the southern and northern part of the city and just see if the the especially like the intersections 00:15:08
and. 00:15:11
The places where. 00:15:16
Maybe the infrastructure is lacking. 00:15:18
The intersections are feel unsafe. Make sure. 00:15:22
That that they're. 00:15:26
Across the city that. 00:15:29
Agree on what needs to be worked on or improved or what we're doing well, things like that. 00:15:31
So I would include that maybe in the next steps. 00:15:36
Putting together that and getting that out to the to the city. 00:15:39
Jordan, did you have something to say? I think that's a good idea. I wonder if we. 00:15:44
With that, I think the survey was good. 00:15:49
I'd be interested in also like a survey of like. 00:15:51
What destinations within the city do you? 00:15:54
Are achievable or safe to get. 00:15:57
Especially with like. 00:16:01
I think the classic example is like elementary school students living on Mill Rd. getting to school it. 00:16:04
Is this achievable in a Safeway for your kids to get there? Do you feel comfortable letting? 00:16:11
Your elementary school kids get there, or to the front runner, or even the City Hall or something like that. 00:16:17
And ideally have enough responses from different neighborhoods. 00:16:24
Yeah, I think going with that sort of. 00:16:30
Trip oriented. 00:16:33
Trying to figure out where people are trying to go from and from where is a big deal like I used to live on. 00:16:35
East side now the West side of Mill Rd. 00:16:44
And then I moved. 00:16:47
To the east side of Mill. 00:16:49
And it's like, as far as bike transit goes, it's like 60 seconds further away if you're going by the crows fly how the crow flies. 00:16:52
But I never went to any of the forged develop. 00:16:58
On a bike? 00:17:04
There's no way I would ever. 00:17:06
Risked my life going down the road, but now that I'm on the east side, I just walk over and. 00:17:08
It's not a big deal. So I think Kevin, that's sort of drip oriented. 00:17:13
Trying to. 00:17:17
How far? Where are they willing to go for that trip, and at what point would they say? 00:17:19
If they were stuck on a bike there, say screw this, I'm going home like I've gone too far and. 00:17:25
I don't think it's worth it either distance or safety wise. 00:17:31
At what point in this process are we looking at, are we even considering making suggestions to the Council on places where we want 00:17:36
to see? 00:17:40
Changes and if so, when in this process is that. I would think it's after the. 00:17:45
Survey yeah, I think that's why we started this process was to come up with suggestions or. 00:17:52
Kind of data. 00:18:00
Action items besides just like hey, we think that this, so this is obviously not. 00:18:04
The, and all be all of survey responses. But we would like to to get more more input and then yeah, I think. 00:18:10
I don't know when we could put the final survey together and get it out to the public. 00:18:18
Hopefully, you know Q1 we're meeting in February. 00:18:23
So maybe if we could get some responses. 00:18:27
By that meeting, we could maybe start putting together. 00:18:32
Proposal and then present it to Council. Yeah. March, I don't know. I mean. 00:18:36
Are if we did that, had the survey go out, got responses by February 20th. 00:18:42
Our next regularly scheduled meeting would be in May. 00:18:47
I mean, I. 00:18:52
Government goes slowly, but I would prefer not to wait till May to have an actual recommendation, right. Well, yeah, Special 00:18:53
session or something. Yeah, yeah, I think we could probably. 00:18:57
Meet outside of. 00:19:02
Main meetings. 00:19:04
And. 00:19:05
Put something together to bring the Council sooner. 00:19:06
Cool. Anything else from? 00:19:11
The Commissioner from anyone else? Did anybody else here feel like we missed anything in our current survey or? 00:19:14
Awesome. Well, thanks Anthony for for putting that together. We will move on to 2024. 00:19:24
Planning, so the agenda item 4A planning for 2024 and beyond, special projects, data needs, et cetera, we kind of talked about. 00:19:33
Just barely, but I think a survey is. 00:19:41
For the city is one of the first things that we would. 00:19:44
And would want to put out. 00:19:48
I don't know. I don't know if there's any special projects. 00:19:50
We. 00:19:54
Already talked about or that need to be brought up an idea for the project which was to. 00:19:56
I don't know how formal or informal we want to make this, or if we even want to do it, but the idea was. 00:20:03
Just go through any crash that happens in the city and just try to understand the contributing factors of that crash. 00:20:10
That we could, I know. 00:20:21
Been a few involving pedestrians and cyclists. 00:20:23
Bikers in the city in the past year. 00:20:30
We could start with those and. 00:20:32
Kind of the idea is. 00:20:35
Just to say hey, we're no experts. 00:20:38
In evaluating what a crash is and maybe there is a more thorough investigation that's happening, but. 00:20:41
Yeah, either understand what the investigation process is right now or and or contribute our own. 00:20:50
Thoughts to Underst? 00:20:58
Understanding what causes those crash. 00:21:02
Investigation process already. 00:21:08
We should probably get a report. 00:21:13
At least the ones concerning active transit users. We're probably not in the purview of car on car collisions, although I guess we 00:21:16
could because I would think that would. 00:21:20
Places that are dangerous for other people in cars are probably even more dangerous for bikers and pedestrians. But. 00:21:26
That's already happening. I'd want to see, report and if it's not happening, I. 00:21:32
Someone should start doing it, so it might as well be us. 00:21:36
Yeah, I agree with that. 00:21:41
Yeah, I think. I mean, I think that's a good idea. How? 00:21:44
So about I guess that would be the question is like yeah, what data is available or could be made available to us? 00:21:47
Umm. 00:21:56
From the. 00:21:57
Yes, please, I. 00:21:59
Since it is the County Sheriff, right, can you state your name and where you live? I am an alternate on the Commission. 00:22:03
Right. We still work with the County Sheriff, right. They have all that data I would and they do run things. I think it's just 00:22:12
really low in Vineyard. 00:22:16
Sure. 00:22:20
But to add to that, well, I think it's 'cause we don't have a lot of bikers, but maybe what you do is. 00:22:22
Look at our intersections. Compare them to other cities. 00:22:28
And like kind of relate the intersections in terms of traffic, like how much cars are going through and then see if those 00:22:31
intersections and other cities are. 00:22:35
Accidents, right? And. 00:22:41
You know, connecting those two together, we could potentially look at how do we stop this intersection from becoming that. 00:22:43
In the county is going to have all that information. 00:22:50
Yeah, OK. That'd be cool. 00:22:54
So could that be? 00:22:56
That's a good idea. And would it just be for cities that the Utah County sheriff? 00:23:00
Contracted with like I know Eagle Mountain. 00:23:07
And Saratoga. But could we do like Orem? Yeah, I'm sure you could reach out. I mean, I'm sure they could reach out to the city 00:23:10
Orem Police Department, get that information. OK, Sure. Yeah. 00:23:15
Yeah, I think that's a great place to start because, yeah, I don't know. 00:23:20
While we have had. 00:23:23
I don't know how much we. 00:23:27
Extrapolate. 00:23:29
Because it's good that we haven't had a ton, but you know we have had some, which is more than we want, but. 00:23:31
If we. 00:23:35
Somehow. 00:23:36
Figure out those common factors and get that number even lower than. Yeah, let's do it. Yeah, and preventing. 00:23:39
Because we're not done making that building out the city, preventing new places from becoming like that, I think is. 00:23:45
Smart of us and we'll save a lot of people, a lot of Flack down the road, including ourselves for sure. 00:23:51
So moving forward with that, do like, should I contact the sheriff? Yeah, I think that's a good place to start. 00:23:59
Lieutenant Rockwell is probably who we talked to, right? OK. 00:24:07
And if you want to do. 00:24:11
I know a lot of times we do groups at 2:00, so if you want to I can join or unless one of you guys want to as well. 00:24:13
Yeah, no, I think that's a great place to start and. 00:24:19
Yeah, just let us. 00:24:23
How we can help and then we'll probably put that on the agenda. 00:24:25
February, just to talk about it. Cool. Something I also wanted to bring up. 00:24:29
As we've been talking about sort of looking at what TR? 00:24:35
Change to bike trips or. 00:24:40
We feel like we could improve bike infrastructure to make that an alternative. 00:24:43
I think we already have. 00:24:48
Trip lengths and different where people go to and from in the city. Is that correct? 00:24:50
I think I've seen that that sounds right in other meetings. So if we have a previous study on that, then I'd like to get. 00:24:56
That reviewed. I'd like to well, so Anthony Jenkins sent it was I'm trying to pull it up here. 00:25:03
He had bike. 00:25:12
Did you guys see this? Yeah. Did he send that? 00:25:14
I saw it somewhere. So Anthony Jenkins had Bike Utah put together. I'm trying to pull it up here. 00:25:18
Connectivity analysis. 00:25:26
Maybe not exactly. 00:25:28
Referring to but. 00:25:31
It's pretty cool. 00:25:34
Maybe it's not on the agenda because he's not here, but so we'll probably talk about it. 00:25:37
Next time, but it talks about the barriers to active transportation, our connectivity index. 00:25:42
And justice, The ability to connect origins to destinations and give some. 00:25:48
Some numbers and some information, so I think we could make this available. 00:25:54
At least to the Commission members and probably put it in. 00:26:02
The meeting notes and then talk about it. 00:26:06
Kind of formally next time when Anthony? 00:26:09
I think it's good you brought that up once we're done with this meeting because Anthony sent an e-mail saying that we should make 00:26:14
that report so everyone knows that this exists. So I will share that to the entire team and make it available to everyone else in 00:26:22
the city who needs it to study that it would it should be part of our next regular meeting. 00:26:30
To discuss because then. 00:26:38
Probably. 00:26:41
Some data from the several responses from the residents as well. So there's going to be quite a bit of things to discuss and 00:26:42
connect. 00:26:47
The connectivity analysis that was done as. 00:26:53
And does that include? 00:26:57
Modes of transportation or. 00:26:59
Active mods, do you know? 00:27:01
It's it's mostly pedestrian and bicycle I I don't think it has. It has a section on like traffic speeds in certain areas but it's 00:27:04
not. 00:27:09
There's not like any analysis for car. 00:27:15
Trips or how many it? 00:27:19
The speed, the speed limit on different roads and how that affects the bicycle usage, I think getting something. 00:27:21
Cars would be. I swear I've seen this before. 00:27:30
Like a Planning Commission meeting or something. I'll have to go look it up and bring it back, but getting something on cars as 00:27:34
well. 00:27:37
Because that can kind of like if you've got a road that maybe is 90%. 00:27:41
Cars and then a road right next to it that's only 70. 00:27:47
Cars that are taking trips down there. 00:27:51
That could be sort of an indicator to us that maybe that area isn't as safe for the bikers. 00:27:53
Maybe that's how we want it. We want one to be guard dominant and or how the city wants it, they want it to be card dominant and 00:28:01
then another place bike dominant but. 00:28:05
Sort of seeing where we. 00:28:09
Improve infrastructure, I think. 00:28:12
Also a case of looking at not just what is already there, but what is not there and is and what's replacing it, which would be 00:28:14
cars in most cases. 00:28:19
Cool. Anything else for two special projects or yeah, do we want to? 00:28:27
Do. 00:28:34
More frequently. 00:28:37
Yeah. So, I mean, sure. So that was something that. 00:28:40
We did. 00:28:44
I mean, it was kind of as a Commission, right? In May we did, We organized a bike bus to Vineyard Elementary. 00:28:47
And it was awesome. And we tried. I tried to get it off the ground. 00:28:53
In the fall, but just because. 00:28:59
Other factors It didn't happen, but I I met with Greg Lemon, who lives at lakefront, and he. 00:29:03
I don't know if he talked to you. 00:29:13
Yeah. So we, I think that's definitely something that whether it's as a Commission or just. 00:29:16
Residents with kids who go to elementary schools in the city, I think that it would be something that. 00:29:21
We should do. I talked with Lieutenant Rockwell and. 00:29:27
Deputies about for the first one in the fall, organizing a police escort. 00:29:34
For the first day, just to help. 00:29:41
Parents and families. 00:29:44
Safer about it and then. 00:29:46
Yeah. 00:29:49
As for the subsequent ones, we wouldn't have a police escort every time, but just for that first one. And they were willing to do 00:29:49
it. We just never. 00:29:53
Got it. Scheduled for various reasons, but yeah, I think that. 00:29:58
That would be something. 00:30:03
Would be awesome to do I. 00:30:05
I see stuff about him all the time and I'm a big proponent of. 00:30:07
Bike buses and getting kids. 00:30:11
Active in the morning. So I think, yeah, I think that would be great and whether. 00:30:14
A Commission sponsored thing or just, yeah, like I said, residents who have elementary school kids. 00:30:19
I think that should definitely be something. 00:30:24
A more regular thing and not just a one time thing during bike. 00:30:26
Sure. Yeah. Yeah. An. 00:30:30
So as part of the special. 00:30:35
We can make it a point to add this as an event. 00:30:39
That we want to have like, you know, not just an event, but something that's going to be happening. We have. We have to stop 00:30:44
planning for it now. 00:30:48
So that it doesn't just happen one off in May when it's bike month, right? So. 00:30:52
This could be, you know, recorded as one of the special events, because we want to. 00:30:57
Bike. 00:31:02
And. 00:31:04
Better than it's ever. 00:31:05
So 2024 we want you to take. 00:31:07
Most events. 00:31:12
You could also think about. 00:31:14
Plugging into existing events where you're making bike bicycles and, you know, bike into those areas. 00:31:18
Kind of a priority. 00:31:27
Get people to buy. 00:31:30
City events or, you know, things like. 00:31:32
Halloween Boap, Palooza and all that we could. 00:31:35
Umm. 00:31:42
Come up with something that allows people to just bike there and have no cars over there. 00:31:42
You know, stuff like that. 00:31:49
Something you could also be thinking about. 00:31:50
You know, plugging into already existing programs and new programs that projects that you want to undertake as well. So these are 00:31:53
things that I want you to be thinking about that's a good idea and one so on that. 00:31:59
Vein, I think that for these city events like whether it's Bupa, Palooza or. 00:32:06
Vineyard days or whatever, I think it would be cool to. 00:32:13
Yeah, like you're saying, plug into the existing events and. 00:32:18
Maybe it's as simple as having bike ballet. 00:32:22
Right. Where I don't know if you guys have seen those at different city events or different. 00:32:25
But just having a section of bike parking. 00:32:30
Because, quite frankly, at Lake Grove Park the bike parking isn't great. 00:32:33
And. 00:32:38
If we just had a section and had people there and gave valet tickets and said yeah. 00:32:40
Ride your bike. It'll be safe. We'll someone will be. 00:32:46
And then turn in your ticket when you're ready to leave and get your bike back and ride home and so. 00:32:50
I think. 00:32:54
Yeah. Can we think of ways? So the bike bus obviously is something that we maybe wouldn't do until the spring maybe, I mean. 00:32:55
I think a few people would show up in January and February for it, but I think. 00:33:05
You know, maybe March, April, May is when. 00:33:11
Have regularly scheduled days for the bike bus. But then what? Are then looking at the calendar of city events and saying, OK, 00:33:14
what are what are these events? Where are they? Could we do a bike valet? Could we organize? 00:33:20
Group ride. 00:33:26
Start of the. 00:33:28
Parade at Vineyard Days or whatever. I don't know what it is. 00:33:30
Yeah, let's think. 00:33:34
Maybe. 00:33:36
Maybe at our next meeting we. 00:33:38
A list of city events for 2020. 00:33:40
And. 00:33:43
Look at how we could. 00:33:44
Bikes and active transportation to and from those events. 00:33:49
One item that we talked about. 00:33:54
Trying to have events cycling events come through Vineyard. 00:33:56
I know, Anthony. 00:34:00
Had a few ideas on that one, but I think that's when we try. 00:34:02
Really look forward because we've got a lot of running events it seems like in the city, but. 00:34:05
To have different biking events, I think. 00:34:10
Would get. 00:34:13
Boards of cyclists as opposed to just one or two. 00:34:16
Yeah, I remember when. 00:34:22
James Lawrence, Do you guys remember when he was doing? 00:34:24
The Iron Cowboy when he was doing the 100 triathlons part of I remember Anthony talked about that because part of his route. 00:34:28
Road through through Vineyard and. 00:34:35
Yeah, I think that's when we talked about it. But yeah, if we could have, I don't know how we well, the Tour of Utah, It doesn't 00:34:39
exist anymore, sadly, yeah, but. 00:34:43
Yeah. 00:34:51
Not. 00:34:53
Yeah, so maybe, I mean. 00:34:55
I don't know what it could look like. Maybe. I mean, there's probably. 00:34:57
Places that we could do a crit race, but yeah, Anthony would be the. 00:35:01
Cool. Yeah, that'd be cool. 00:35:07
And I was also curious. I mean, it's been a while, but we talked about a bike part now and again. 00:35:13
Did that get Shel? 00:35:19
Yeah. And I can't remember and Anthony, I think this was before your time, but there was because we, when I was first appointed to 00:35:23
the Commission, we met with. 00:35:28
Company and they've they had designs for that E part of. 00:35:36
Park. 00:35:42
And they had trails and pump tracks and jumps and things. They had it all. 00:35:44
Kind of scoped out, but it did get shut down. 00:35:50
And I can't remember why, but it was very sad. 00:35:53
To hear that again, shut. 00:35:57
I thought we still had a pump track involved in one of the at least. So that yeah, it's right now it's slated for. 00:35:59
The. 00:36:08
This way South of the city. 00:36:11
Where there's pickleball courts, part of the Central. 00:36:14
Corridor parks. 00:36:18
Where there's going to be pickleball courts, a grassy area, and. 00:36:21
Uh. 00:36:25
Skate park in Pump. 00:36:26
I don't know the timeline on that. I just know it. 00:36:29
Planned in that plan. 00:36:32
If that's it for that, we'll move on to the proposed meeting calendar. Do we vote on this or we just look on it, look at it and? 00:36:42
You'd have to vote on it. 00:36:49
We met six times this year and this calendar was. 00:36:53
Has four dates. Is there a reason for only once 1/4? So once 1/4 is? 00:36:58
It looked like it's been in the past, so these are just 10, you know, proposed dates for you to talk about. You don't have to 00:37:05
accept everything you can add on, and once you decide to add on to this, I will check with the other meetings that exist in the 00:37:12
city to make sure we're not having any conflicting dates. 00:37:18
And we can just, you know, add this. 00:37:26
The the entire, you know, year schedule, the minimum should be at least four. That's why we have. 00:37:30
One in every quarter, right? But looking at all these projects that you have shared right now, you would have to meet more to 00:37:37
discuss these and make it happen. So you're at liberty to. 00:37:44
Schedule meetings as a. 00:37:50
Umm. 00:37:53
To plan such projects. 00:37:55
Then you can also add on to these. 00:37:57
If you need to right now. 00:38:00
Yeah, I mean. 00:38:03
Love to see at least six meetings, and so I would. Probably. 00:38:07
Want to meet in January, March and May, so we still have our meeting in May during Bike Month. 00:38:13
And then July, September and November. 00:38:19
One thing to consider, I think we did it this year was meet in eight roles that were planning. That's true. Yeah, that's true. 00:38:22
That was nice. 00:38:26
Yeah. So I mean, I'm open to whatever. I just think that we should meet more than four times. 00:38:31
March, April and May. I don't know that it would hurt. 00:38:37
Great. 00:38:43
So, so March, April and May. So you're just saying at so we'd have seven meetings then? 00:38:45
Sure. I think if we did. 00:38:53
Both March and April I know May's Bike Month, but at the end of Bike Month I don't know that we have a ton to talk about meeting 00:38:55
three months in a row. 00:39:00
I mean. 00:39:07
Not a big thing on my schedule, but for the city, with how many other commissions there are competing, I would think that would be 00:39:08
a lot of work for these guys. 00:39:11
I would cut the May 1, but that's not what you guys think. 00:39:16
Or we could do January. 00:39:22
I agree somewhat to some extent on the May meeting, but I think that. 00:39:28
Because it's more top of mind. 00:39:33
And we've made a push to have people. 00:39:36
People have attended. 00:39:39
Bike Month meeting which I think is a good thing but. 00:39:41
Yeah, if we feel like maybe there's nothing to, that's good with me too. Again, I'm good to meet every month if you want to, but. 00:39:46
I. 00:39:49
Don't want to overburden? 00:39:54
Do we have? 00:39:59
Proposal A final what? 00:40:00
I think, I do think April. 00:40:03
Whether or not we. 00:40:05
May. I think, yeah, it's probably good to meet before May. 00:40:07
To make sure everything is plan. 00:40:10
Logistics are handled for bike. 00:40:12
Either way. 00:40:22
So if we do, I think 6. 00:40:24
Yeah, and I think. 00:40:28
For the League of American Cyclists. 00:40:30
I think for the for silver we we we need to meet six times, Yeah, I think for bronze we need to meet four, but for six we need to 00:40:36
meet. 00:40:40
How would February, April? 00:40:44
July, September and November. 00:40:48
That would be 6. 00:40:52
That works for me. 00:40:54
OK, let's do that third Tuesday. 00:40:57
February, April, May, July, September and November. I think that'll be our February, April, May. 00:41:00
July, July September. 00:41:08
Nove. 00:41:10
OK, so we're adding. 00:41:17
July and September. 00:41:23
Yeah. And getting rid of yes and getting getting rid of August, yeah. 00:41:26
That works. 00:41:33
OK, so on here I have February 20th. 00:41:35
Being the third Tuesday. 00:41:40
To. 00:41:43
So there's no March. 00:41:45
Yeah, we have April 16th. 00:41:48
Does the Tuesday. 00:41:52
We have May 20. 00:41:55
We we have July. 00:42:01
Yeah. And then September 16th or no, 17th, 17th and then November 19th. 00:42:10
Which we might need to move that one because that's the week of Thanksgiving. Do we want to do the 12th in November? 00:42:19
Instead of. It's probably a good idea if that's possible, yeah, so that people are here. 00:42:25
All right. Because we moved to N1 to the second Tuesday, I will have to confirm with the recorder and just let you know if that 00:42:37
works. If not, would you be OK with the 26th? That's the week after Thanksgiving. 00:42:44
That sounds fine. Sure that will work OK for me. 00:42:52
OK, so do we need a like a motion and yes. 00:43:00
I move to adopt the schedule as we just discussed. 00:43:07
And then all in favor. 00:43:14
OK. 00:43:17
Moving on to our last. 00:43:19
Not our last, but our second to last. Um. 00:43:22
Topic appointment of chair and vice chair. So we've come to the end of. 00:43:26
Another year and we need to. 00:43:32
Appoint a new chair and vice chair. And so I think. 00:43:35
Anthony, I think. 00:43:39
Leave it open for people to nominate. 00:43:42
A new chair. 00:43:45
And then we'll vote on it, right? Yes, that's how you do. 00:43:48
I think you're doing a good job. If you want to keep doing it, I'm good, a good job. I'm happy to support someone else. 00:43:54
I don't think you guys have gotten a chance to serve on. 00:44:01
I'd nominate. 00:44:11
Chair. 00:44:13
You would or you do? I do nominate. Sorry. 00:44:14
I. 00:44:19
Yeah, all all those in favor of. 00:44:22
Tyler being our next chair. 00:44:25
Aye. 00:44:28
OK. 00:44:33
Well, I in that case I would nominate Jordan for to be Vice chair. 00:44:35
I. 00:44:43
OK. 00:44:45
And then all those in favor of Jordan as vice chair. Aye, aye. 00:44:45
OK, that was easy. 00:44:50
Anything else? Any. Was that formal enough? Yes, that's it. I will record it. 00:44:54
Could possibly be just a gentle reminder. 00:45:01
We have Amber Rasmussen as. 00:45:05
Council member. 00:45:09
All these on to the BAC, so the current chair would have. 00:45:10
Provide or put together a report. 00:45:17
To her. 00:45:20
You know, every quarter. 00:45:21
And would have to pretty much have a lot more interactions with her. 00:45:23
On most of the programs and projects that we intend to do. 00:45:29
And she will just push it to the next level, which is council. 00:45:32
When it comes to some of these implementations and stuff being passed. 00:45:37
So I thought I'll just throw that in. 00:45:41
You know, as the new chair. 00:45:44
You would have to be communicating a lot with Amber. 00:45:48
Great. 00:45:54
Do we want to for Bike Month? 00:45:56
Do we want to form like a subcommittee? 00:45:59
For people to work on that. 00:46:02
Last year there were a lot of ideas that we kind of just ran out of time. 00:46:04
Expl. 00:46:09
Tyler. 00:46:13
Well, no, in January, but OK. 00:46:17
I'm not ready for that, no. 00:46:20
Yeah, I think because because last year, because Anna worked on a lot of stuff. 00:46:24
Yeah, just in her role as events. 00:46:29
And so I think it might be good to. 00:46:33
A team or a subcommittee, whatever the formal if it's outside of the Bicycle Advisory Commission. 00:46:38
Just focused. 00:46:45
Bike month specific items. 00:46:47
Yeah, there were a lot of logistics involved and just making sure that. 00:46:51
We could. We can do everything that we want to. So I don't know how that works. But Anthony, looks like you can. I make a 00:46:55
suggestion? Yeah, you could probably start having interruptions with Anna. 00:47:02
About all the events that are about to happen next year. 00:47:09
And start having discussions on how you can start plugging in even before. 00:47:14
Bike Month because we would have a lot of lessons. Lessons to. 00:47:19
From then till Bike Month end. 00:47:25
Possibly have the best bike month that Vineyard has ever had. 00:47:29
So it's just a. 00:47:34
Yeah, I think that's that's a good idea. 00:47:37
You know, starting now. Kind of. 00:47:41
Events. 00:47:45
Ideas. Just figuring out OK. 00:47:47
What's happening? Who's involved and? 00:47:49
Working on. 00:47:52
To make it happen. So that's great. Anything else from Commission members, any? 00:47:54
Reports or things. I know Anthony had that connectivity analysis. 00:48:00
Put together, so we'll we'll make that available. 00:48:06
For Anthony, well, and we'll be able to see it and then, but other than that, was there anything else from from the group? I do 00:48:10
have a question I brought up potentially looking at design options for 400 S and how to make that safer, especially after. 00:48:17
The accident that happened there. 00:48:25
With that not being on the agenda, what's our plan for? 00:48:28
Making a recommendation if we want to make a recommendation, and I've heard that we also have gained control of that Orem. 00:48:32
We're doing that and I'd like to confirm or deny that rumor because. 00:48:42
Boomers are not useful. 00:48:46
Anthony, had you heard anything on? 00:48:49
There's no information right now. 00:48:53
On my end to. 00:48:55
But. 00:48:58
Can have it as an agenda item. 00:49:00
Or something, a rolling item where we can start discussions with the same. 00:49:03
Morgan on the way forward with this design and options because as a bike Commission we. 00:49:09
Pretty much discuss options for setting in their intersections that are not safe that we identify from our surveys. 00:49:16
And it'll be good to make some recommendations and also umm. 00:49:24
Have the engineer. 00:49:30
Work with us on making this happen so it's possible to have those discussions. 00:49:33
If possible, I would like to. 00:49:39
Have that be an agenda item at the next meeting, OK, for recommendations, not just on our portion of the road if that's that's 00:49:43
still a divided. 00:49:47
Use but also recommendations to bring to or. 00:49:53
So we'd make a recommendation for the whole Rd. 00:49:57
We can work with Orem or what have we got to do to coordinate with them and have something that's not just you know? 00:50:00
Sort of Half the road looks one way and the other half of the road looks the other way. 00:50:08
But yeah, I'd like to get something solidified and put into. 00:50:12
The transportation plan. 00:50:17
To get that changed so we can prevent further. 00:50:20
Yes. So one of the things we would be doing something we have discussed in the planning department and we want to roll out. 00:50:25
And. 00:50:34
Google sheet or Excel spreadsheet where we can? 00:50:35
Actually, is going to be Google Sheets actually where? 00:50:41
Can have you. 00:50:45
Or just share ideas on things you want to have on their agenda. 00:50:47
So it's roll in anytime you have an idea, you know there's one spot that you can go and put. 00:50:51
You know your concerns. 00:50:57
For items that should be on the agenda and before every be a see, we will see through that. 00:50:59
And make a decision on which which ones qualify to be. 00:51:07
Discussed in the upcoming. 00:51:11
Meeting. 00:51:14
So that will be sent. 00:51:15
First part of. 00:51:17
Cool. 00:51:21
Thanks everyone. 00:51:23
And with that, do we we don't need to move to adjourn, right? It's just. 00:51:26
We can just. 00:51:30
OK. Well, in that case, I moved to adjourn second. 00:51:33
OK. And all in favor. All right. All right. Thanks everyone. 00:51:38
Happy Merry Christmas. 00:51:43
Link
Start video at
Social
Embed

* you need to log in to manage your favorites

My Favorites List
You haven't added any favorites yet. Click the "Add Favorite" button on any media page, and they'll show up here.
Awesome. Welcome. It is 535 on Tuesday, November 28th, 2023. 00:00:00
And I'm I'm Hayden Roden and I'm going to call to order the Vineyard Bicycle Advisory Commission meeting. 00:00:07
So the first thing on the agenda is the open session and we'll use this time Anthony, if that's OK for public comment if there's 00:00:14
anyone that wants to. 00:00:18
Share anything. Now is the time to do so. 00:00:24
Hi, David Luray. 00:00:37
I just want to say. 00:00:40
This. 00:00:49
And we appreciate very much your interest and effort in doing. 00:00:50
And wanting to make Vineyard a better place. 00:00:54
Thank you. Thank you. I appreciate. 00:00:56
And also I wanted to say Azure, I noticed on your agenda you're planning for. 00:00:58
You know, beyond this year, beyond. I would ask you if you remember the the issue of the. 00:01:04
The bicycle Blvd. That was, you know, scheduled for Holloway Rd. Phase two of the Holdaway farms. 00:01:13
Is very likely to start this next calendar year. 00:01:20
And we were promised at that point as soon as that road went through at 400. 00:01:23
For the South went through and that'd be part of that effort. So we want to make sure that that happens. 00:01:29
Number one, Number two, once it does. 00:01:33
Make sure we don't forget through that bicycle Blvd. hallway. 00:01:36
So that was and thank you very much for your service. 00:01:39
Great. Thank you. Yeah, I know. 00:01:43
The The Bullet Bike Blvd. has been added to the Active. 00:01:47
Either the Active Transportation Plan or the Master Transportation Plan. 00:01:52
And so. 00:01:55
Yeah, I'm sure that once that road is connected that. 00:01:56
Be able to give a timeline or. 00:02:00
Update on the status of the bicycle Blvd. because yeah, that's something that I think. 00:02:03
We all would like to see as well in the city, so thank you for that. 00:02:08
I think it's on both. The active transitions. It's on both, yeah. 00:02:13
There's no other comments. We'll. 00:02:20
Dive right into the work session where we'll talk through the. 00:02:22
Survey responses for the safety survey. 00:02:27
For the northern part of the city. 00:02:30
Anthony, do you have those? 00:02:33
Handy. OK, cool. 00:02:35
Hi, my name is Anthony Fletcher. I'm a planner here at the City UM. 00:03:11
I will be. 00:03:16
All the responses we had from a survey that we sent out to the by Commissioners. 00:03:19
In the last three to four months, we did send out another. 00:03:28
Survey that was for the. 00:03:32
South end part of vineyard which. 00:03:35
Some anywhere from the southern part of Center St. 00:03:40
To the end of the vineyard. 00:03:44
So we had commissioners write this area and identify places where they feel we're unsafe. 00:03:47
And also identify. 00:03:54
Places that could be. 00:03:57
Or you know, redesigned to make biking in those areas safer. And we did send out another survey just as a commissioners for now to 00:03:59
also gather this information for the northern part of Vineyard, which is going to be the northern end of. 00:04:07
Center St. to You know, whenever, wherever the most built part of Vineyard. 00:04:17
Is. 00:04:22
This is the entire area for the study right now. And we're discussing the northern side. We did do the southern side. 00:04:25
So we would combine these responses that we've had from these two surveys and create a survey later on for residents to make. 00:04:33
Inputs for the entire city. 00:04:44
So this is in an effort to. 00:04:47
You know, gather enough. 00:04:50
To help us prioritize projects that could help make the biking and walking experience in the city. 00:04:52
A better one than it's ever been. 00:05:00
So this is the study area. 00:05:03
And it's pretty much everywhere from center St. up, as I did mention before. 00:05:06
For the sake of time. 00:05:12
Is going to be very summarized. I am. This presentation is summarizing all the responses. 00:05:14
To cover all that was. 00:05:21
Pretty much asked. 00:05:24
So. 00:05:28
We had a question that. 00:05:30
Allow the commissioners to rank the entire biking experience in the city. 00:05:34
From one to 10 being with one being the worst and 10 being the best experience. 00:05:40
We had an average of. 00:05:47
Being the overall experience, which in my opinion is pretty good, I am a biker myself and I I bike the city when I'm around. 00:05:51
And. 00:06:01
I would. 00:06:02
Say that seven was pretty accurate at least. 00:06:03
The information that I had that that doesn't mean that we cannot do better than that because the. 00:06:06
There's a lot of work to get even. 00:06:15
So. 00:06:18
The factors that contributed to the perception of safety while biking in the northern part of Vineyard were predominantly. 00:06:21
These you know, factors where we have, one being the quality of the bike infrastructure, we only have a few. 00:06:30
Trails that. 00:06:39
Are being multi use trails that are being used in the city and where people have to bike on the main road. It is a concern because 00:06:40
the infrastructure of shared paths and the entire city does not seem to be one that makes more bikers feel safe than they they are 00:06:46
or they should be. 00:06:53
We have the behavior of drivers. 00:07:00
A number of. 00:07:03
Factors listed and these were the top factors. 00:07:05
We had the behavior of drivers. 00:07:09
There are a lot of drivers that don't pay attention to the road nowadays. 00:07:13
Everyone is on their. 00:07:17
The better we we restrict drivers from doing. 00:07:21
The better it is for our bikers and pedestrians as well. So the behavior of drivers was ranked as. 00:07:24
One of the most. 00:07:31
Things that has to be checked, the traffic speeds on sudden roads. 00:07:33
Made biking unsafe for a lot of people in the northern part of Vineyard. 00:07:38
Based on the survey results. 00:07:43
We do also have. 00:07:45
You know the intercessions. The intersections are. 00:07:48
Design not all the intersections based on the responses or not all designed to. 00:07:53
Accommodate riders. 00:07:58
When they get there and have to also cross to the other side of the road. 00:08:01
You know, even just stay in their lane, drivers do not lookout. 00:08:05
Writers in the intersection. So what we're having from these responses there would be that would need to redesign. 00:08:10
A number of our intersections. 00:08:19
You know, make it safe for. 00:08:22
Bikers and pedestrians. 00:08:24
So in other neighborhoods, we did also have that street parking was an issue because it did prevent it. It didn't make some of the 00:08:31
riders. 00:08:35
Feel unsafe because. 00:08:41
In those neighborhoods, they were not sure. 00:08:43
Someone was gonna pop open your door while they're riding right next to the car, so it was a concern that was also raised in this. 00:08:45
Survey as well and. 00:08:53
Destructive destructive drivers was a big thing. 00:08:56
So these were the top three. 00:09:05
Intersections that. 00:09:08
Identified. 00:09:11
Being very unsafe for riders. 00:09:13
And these include the Vineyard Road and 400. 00:09:16
Not. 00:09:21
Vineyard Connector and Main St. 00:09:24
Center St. and Mill Rd. Intersection. 00:09:28
These were the top three. 00:09:31
There were others that also came up. You know, Mill Road and 400 N. 00:09:33
Was also identified. 00:09:39
But it was really not identified by almost everyone, but these ones came up pretty much on most of the responses that we had. 00:09:41
And we also did ask a question about. 00:09:50
The worst times for. 00:09:54
In. 00:09:56
You know, especially in the northern part being for this survey and the responses we had ranged from 10:00 AM to 9:30 AM. 00:09:58
Umm. 00:10:09
And 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. 00:10:09
Which is pretty typical because a lot of people are trying to get to work and drivers are not watching out for bikers or people 00:10:13
that use bikes and other forms of. 00:10:19
You know micro. 00:10:25
Modes of transportation. 00:10:29
During these times, so it makes people. 00:10:31
Bikes very feel very unsafe. 00:10:35
And in the same way, between 4:00 and 7:00, a lot of people are coming back home. 00:10:38
Geneva Rd. is backed up. 00:10:44
Mill Rd. in the section is backed up and it just carries. 00:10:46
Part of the city as well, so these. 00:10:51
Times that were identified to. 00:10:54
The most UN. 00:10:58
To write in the northern part of Vineyard City. 00:11:00
Now we had a question on. 00:11:03
Wayfinding It was pretty much to find out if what a wayfinding we have for bikers and pedestrians was were enough. 00:11:08
Or would need. 00:11:16
You know the response that we had for almost everyone that responded. 00:11:19
Was. 00:11:24
So we need more wayfinding. And we have good news. The city is working till it's, you know, at least in the planning department. 00:11:26
We're working till it's developing A wayfinding master plan. 00:11:31
Which would take care. 00:11:36
All these issues concerns that we have so the way of finding master plan is not only going to be for. 00:11:39
The trails would have one. 00:11:45
Helps drivers know not only doesn't only point drivers to places in the city, but also. 00:11:47
Draws the attention of drivers or other road users of the fact that this road is shared. You know it's not just. 00:11:55
Used by you. Currently we don't have a lot of those signs. What we have is markings on the floor, I mean on the road that shows 00:12:02
that this road is shared and all that. So as we move forward with this wayfinding master plan is going to identify all these 00:12:07
things. 00:12:12
And our hope is to be able to start that plan. 00:12:18
Next year, 'cause we're in the works to get that started right now. 00:12:22
So wayfinding is a big thing. 00:12:27
We're happy that. 00:12:29
There was a general comment that I realized a run through some of the responses, which I think is very important. That's why I put 00:12:33
it here. It was not from every single person, but we had one that said that we need to improve upon the communication from the 00:12:38
city. 00:12:43
Including the Bicycle Advisory Commission. 00:12:49
To residents on bike and infrastructure and. 00:12:53
When people see bikers on the road, they're confident enough to leave their kids or other family. 00:12:57
Or people they known the city to just go. 00:13:05
Without fear of, you know, thinking they'll be knocked down by a car or have any accidents. 00:13:09
If we we encourage more people and raise more awareness. 00:13:15
Where Where the city gets to the point where we. 00:13:19
A lot of people on the road right in more than you see a lot of cars, which will take time. 00:13:23
It would encourage more people to step out and ride their bikes and thus make. 00:13:30
The entire city more bike friendly. 00:13:37
And obviously, once our city is bike friend. 00:13:40
It's certainly walk. 00:13:44
So for our next steps, the signage and infrastructure quality should be improved as I did mention to promote the bike safety. 00:13:48
And it does a. 00:13:55
In the northern part of Vineyard and we need to also talk about how we can make. 00:13:59
The city feels safer for bikers. 00:14:04
And umm. 00:14:09
That's what we have right now. 00:14:10
Thank you very much for your attention. 00:14:12
Awesome. Thanks, Anthony, for putting that together is. 00:14:16
Time for a quick discussion about that maybe from yeah, sure, we can have about a few minutes of discussion, maybe 10 to 15 if you 00:14:20
want to. I don't know that we need that much. But yeah, just for next steps just I. 00:14:27
Can you go back to the next steps slide? Sorry. 00:14:35
So I think. 00:14:40
In my mind, one of the next, because you mentioned that this was just Commissioners that took this. 00:14:43
Survey. 00:14:49
I would be interested in seeing. 00:14:50
Responses. 00:14:53
The greater vineyard population and see if we could get. 00:14:55
You know, a statistically significant sample on some of this stuff. And and and. 00:14:59
Maybe compare it? 00:15:04
To these responses that we. 00:15:06
Because now we've now done the southern and northern part of the city and just see if the the especially like the intersections 00:15:08
and. 00:15:11
The places where. 00:15:16
Maybe the infrastructure is lacking. 00:15:18
The intersections are feel unsafe. Make sure. 00:15:22
That that they're. 00:15:26
Across the city that. 00:15:29
Agree on what needs to be worked on or improved or what we're doing well, things like that. 00:15:31
So I would include that maybe in the next steps. 00:15:36
Putting together that and getting that out to the to the city. 00:15:39
Jordan, did you have something to say? I think that's a good idea. I wonder if we. 00:15:44
With that, I think the survey was good. 00:15:49
I'd be interested in also like a survey of like. 00:15:51
What destinations within the city do you? 00:15:54
Are achievable or safe to get. 00:15:57
Especially with like. 00:16:01
I think the classic example is like elementary school students living on Mill Rd. getting to school it. 00:16:04
Is this achievable in a Safeway for your kids to get there? Do you feel comfortable letting? 00:16:11
Your elementary school kids get there, or to the front runner, or even the City Hall or something like that. 00:16:17
And ideally have enough responses from different neighborhoods. 00:16:24
Yeah, I think going with that sort of. 00:16:30
Trip oriented. 00:16:33
Trying to figure out where people are trying to go from and from where is a big deal like I used to live on. 00:16:35
East side now the West side of Mill Rd. 00:16:44
And then I moved. 00:16:47
To the east side of Mill. 00:16:49
And it's like, as far as bike transit goes, it's like 60 seconds further away if you're going by the crows fly how the crow flies. 00:16:52
But I never went to any of the forged develop. 00:16:58
On a bike? 00:17:04
There's no way I would ever. 00:17:06
Risked my life going down the road, but now that I'm on the east side, I just walk over and. 00:17:08
It's not a big deal. So I think Kevin, that's sort of drip oriented. 00:17:13
Trying to. 00:17:17
How far? Where are they willing to go for that trip, and at what point would they say? 00:17:19
If they were stuck on a bike there, say screw this, I'm going home like I've gone too far and. 00:17:25
I don't think it's worth it either distance or safety wise. 00:17:31
At what point in this process are we looking at, are we even considering making suggestions to the Council on places where we want 00:17:36
to see? 00:17:40
Changes and if so, when in this process is that. I would think it's after the. 00:17:45
Survey yeah, I think that's why we started this process was to come up with suggestions or. 00:17:52
Kind of data. 00:18:00
Action items besides just like hey, we think that this, so this is obviously not. 00:18:04
The, and all be all of survey responses. But we would like to to get more more input and then yeah, I think. 00:18:10
I don't know when we could put the final survey together and get it out to the public. 00:18:18
Hopefully, you know Q1 we're meeting in February. 00:18:23
So maybe if we could get some responses. 00:18:27
By that meeting, we could maybe start putting together. 00:18:32
Proposal and then present it to Council. Yeah. March, I don't know. I mean. 00:18:36
Are if we did that, had the survey go out, got responses by February 20th. 00:18:42
Our next regularly scheduled meeting would be in May. 00:18:47
I mean, I. 00:18:52
Government goes slowly, but I would prefer not to wait till May to have an actual recommendation, right. Well, yeah, Special 00:18:53
session or something. Yeah, yeah, I think we could probably. 00:18:57
Meet outside of. 00:19:02
Main meetings. 00:19:04
And. 00:19:05
Put something together to bring the Council sooner. 00:19:06
Cool. Anything else from? 00:19:11
The Commissioner from anyone else? Did anybody else here feel like we missed anything in our current survey or? 00:19:14
Awesome. Well, thanks Anthony for for putting that together. We will move on to 2024. 00:19:24
Planning, so the agenda item 4A planning for 2024 and beyond, special projects, data needs, et cetera, we kind of talked about. 00:19:33
Just barely, but I think a survey is. 00:19:41
For the city is one of the first things that we would. 00:19:44
And would want to put out. 00:19:48
I don't know. I don't know if there's any special projects. 00:19:50
We. 00:19:54
Already talked about or that need to be brought up an idea for the project which was to. 00:19:56
I don't know how formal or informal we want to make this, or if we even want to do it, but the idea was. 00:20:03
Just go through any crash that happens in the city and just try to understand the contributing factors of that crash. 00:20:10
That we could, I know. 00:20:21
Been a few involving pedestrians and cyclists. 00:20:23
Bikers in the city in the past year. 00:20:30
We could start with those and. 00:20:32
Kind of the idea is. 00:20:35
Just to say hey, we're no experts. 00:20:38
In evaluating what a crash is and maybe there is a more thorough investigation that's happening, but. 00:20:41
Yeah, either understand what the investigation process is right now or and or contribute our own. 00:20:50
Thoughts to Underst? 00:20:58
Understanding what causes those crash. 00:21:02
Investigation process already. 00:21:08
We should probably get a report. 00:21:13
At least the ones concerning active transit users. We're probably not in the purview of car on car collisions, although I guess we 00:21:16
could because I would think that would. 00:21:20
Places that are dangerous for other people in cars are probably even more dangerous for bikers and pedestrians. But. 00:21:26
That's already happening. I'd want to see, report and if it's not happening, I. 00:21:32
Someone should start doing it, so it might as well be us. 00:21:36
Yeah, I agree with that. 00:21:41
Yeah, I think. I mean, I think that's a good idea. How? 00:21:44
So about I guess that would be the question is like yeah, what data is available or could be made available to us? 00:21:47
Umm. 00:21:56
From the. 00:21:57
Yes, please, I. 00:21:59
Since it is the County Sheriff, right, can you state your name and where you live? I am an alternate on the Commission. 00:22:03
Right. We still work with the County Sheriff, right. They have all that data I would and they do run things. I think it's just 00:22:12
really low in Vineyard. 00:22:16
Sure. 00:22:20
But to add to that, well, I think it's 'cause we don't have a lot of bikers, but maybe what you do is. 00:22:22
Look at our intersections. Compare them to other cities. 00:22:28
And like kind of relate the intersections in terms of traffic, like how much cars are going through and then see if those 00:22:31
intersections and other cities are. 00:22:35
Accidents, right? And. 00:22:41
You know, connecting those two together, we could potentially look at how do we stop this intersection from becoming that. 00:22:43
In the county is going to have all that information. 00:22:50
Yeah, OK. That'd be cool. 00:22:54
So could that be? 00:22:56
That's a good idea. And would it just be for cities that the Utah County sheriff? 00:23:00
Contracted with like I know Eagle Mountain. 00:23:07
And Saratoga. But could we do like Orem? Yeah, I'm sure you could reach out. I mean, I'm sure they could reach out to the city 00:23:10
Orem Police Department, get that information. OK, Sure. Yeah. 00:23:15
Yeah, I think that's a great place to start because, yeah, I don't know. 00:23:20
While we have had. 00:23:23
I don't know how much we. 00:23:27
Extrapolate. 00:23:29
Because it's good that we haven't had a ton, but you know we have had some, which is more than we want, but. 00:23:31
If we. 00:23:35
Somehow. 00:23:36
Figure out those common factors and get that number even lower than. Yeah, let's do it. Yeah, and preventing. 00:23:39
Because we're not done making that building out the city, preventing new places from becoming like that, I think is. 00:23:45
Smart of us and we'll save a lot of people, a lot of Flack down the road, including ourselves for sure. 00:23:51
So moving forward with that, do like, should I contact the sheriff? Yeah, I think that's a good place to start. 00:23:59
Lieutenant Rockwell is probably who we talked to, right? OK. 00:24:07
And if you want to do. 00:24:11
I know a lot of times we do groups at 2:00, so if you want to I can join or unless one of you guys want to as well. 00:24:13
Yeah, no, I think that's a great place to start and. 00:24:19
Yeah, just let us. 00:24:23
How we can help and then we'll probably put that on the agenda. 00:24:25
February, just to talk about it. Cool. Something I also wanted to bring up. 00:24:29
As we've been talking about sort of looking at what TR? 00:24:35
Change to bike trips or. 00:24:40
We feel like we could improve bike infrastructure to make that an alternative. 00:24:43
I think we already have. 00:24:48
Trip lengths and different where people go to and from in the city. Is that correct? 00:24:50
I think I've seen that that sounds right in other meetings. So if we have a previous study on that, then I'd like to get. 00:24:56
That reviewed. I'd like to well, so Anthony Jenkins sent it was I'm trying to pull it up here. 00:25:03
He had bike. 00:25:12
Did you guys see this? Yeah. Did he send that? 00:25:14
I saw it somewhere. So Anthony Jenkins had Bike Utah put together. I'm trying to pull it up here. 00:25:18
Connectivity analysis. 00:25:26
Maybe not exactly. 00:25:28
Referring to but. 00:25:31
It's pretty cool. 00:25:34
Maybe it's not on the agenda because he's not here, but so we'll probably talk about it. 00:25:37
Next time, but it talks about the barriers to active transportation, our connectivity index. 00:25:42
And justice, The ability to connect origins to destinations and give some. 00:25:48
Some numbers and some information, so I think we could make this available. 00:25:54
At least to the Commission members and probably put it in. 00:26:02
The meeting notes and then talk about it. 00:26:06
Kind of formally next time when Anthony? 00:26:09
I think it's good you brought that up once we're done with this meeting because Anthony sent an e-mail saying that we should make 00:26:14
that report so everyone knows that this exists. So I will share that to the entire team and make it available to everyone else in 00:26:22
the city who needs it to study that it would it should be part of our next regular meeting. 00:26:30
To discuss because then. 00:26:38
Probably. 00:26:41
Some data from the several responses from the residents as well. So there's going to be quite a bit of things to discuss and 00:26:42
connect. 00:26:47
The connectivity analysis that was done as. 00:26:53
And does that include? 00:26:57
Modes of transportation or. 00:26:59
Active mods, do you know? 00:27:01
It's it's mostly pedestrian and bicycle I I don't think it has. It has a section on like traffic speeds in certain areas but it's 00:27:04
not. 00:27:09
There's not like any analysis for car. 00:27:15
Trips or how many it? 00:27:19
The speed, the speed limit on different roads and how that affects the bicycle usage, I think getting something. 00:27:21
Cars would be. I swear I've seen this before. 00:27:30
Like a Planning Commission meeting or something. I'll have to go look it up and bring it back, but getting something on cars as 00:27:34
well. 00:27:37
Because that can kind of like if you've got a road that maybe is 90%. 00:27:41
Cars and then a road right next to it that's only 70. 00:27:47
Cars that are taking trips down there. 00:27:51
That could be sort of an indicator to us that maybe that area isn't as safe for the bikers. 00:27:53
Maybe that's how we want it. We want one to be guard dominant and or how the city wants it, they want it to be card dominant and 00:28:01
then another place bike dominant but. 00:28:05
Sort of seeing where we. 00:28:09
Improve infrastructure, I think. 00:28:12
Also a case of looking at not just what is already there, but what is not there and is and what's replacing it, which would be 00:28:14
cars in most cases. 00:28:19
Cool. Anything else for two special projects or yeah, do we want to? 00:28:27
Do. 00:28:34
More frequently. 00:28:37
Yeah. So, I mean, sure. So that was something that. 00:28:40
We did. 00:28:44
I mean, it was kind of as a Commission, right? In May we did, We organized a bike bus to Vineyard Elementary. 00:28:47
And it was awesome. And we tried. I tried to get it off the ground. 00:28:53
In the fall, but just because. 00:28:59
Other factors It didn't happen, but I I met with Greg Lemon, who lives at lakefront, and he. 00:29:03
I don't know if he talked to you. 00:29:13
Yeah. So we, I think that's definitely something that whether it's as a Commission or just. 00:29:16
Residents with kids who go to elementary schools in the city, I think that it would be something that. 00:29:21
We should do. I talked with Lieutenant Rockwell and. 00:29:27
Deputies about for the first one in the fall, organizing a police escort. 00:29:34
For the first day, just to help. 00:29:41
Parents and families. 00:29:44
Safer about it and then. 00:29:46
Yeah. 00:29:49
As for the subsequent ones, we wouldn't have a police escort every time, but just for that first one. And they were willing to do 00:29:49
it. We just never. 00:29:53
Got it. Scheduled for various reasons, but yeah, I think that. 00:29:58
That would be something. 00:30:03
Would be awesome to do I. 00:30:05
I see stuff about him all the time and I'm a big proponent of. 00:30:07
Bike buses and getting kids. 00:30:11
Active in the morning. So I think, yeah, I think that would be great and whether. 00:30:14
A Commission sponsored thing or just, yeah, like I said, residents who have elementary school kids. 00:30:19
I think that should definitely be something. 00:30:24
A more regular thing and not just a one time thing during bike. 00:30:26
Sure. Yeah. Yeah. An. 00:30:30
So as part of the special. 00:30:35
We can make it a point to add this as an event. 00:30:39
That we want to have like, you know, not just an event, but something that's going to be happening. We have. We have to stop 00:30:44
planning for it now. 00:30:48
So that it doesn't just happen one off in May when it's bike month, right? So. 00:30:52
This could be, you know, recorded as one of the special events, because we want to. 00:30:57
Bike. 00:31:02
And. 00:31:04
Better than it's ever. 00:31:05
So 2024 we want you to take. 00:31:07
Most events. 00:31:12
You could also think about. 00:31:14
Plugging into existing events where you're making bike bicycles and, you know, bike into those areas. 00:31:18
Kind of a priority. 00:31:27
Get people to buy. 00:31:30
City events or, you know, things like. 00:31:32
Halloween Boap, Palooza and all that we could. 00:31:35
Umm. 00:31:42
Come up with something that allows people to just bike there and have no cars over there. 00:31:42
You know, stuff like that. 00:31:49
Something you could also be thinking about. 00:31:50
You know, plugging into already existing programs and new programs that projects that you want to undertake as well. So these are 00:31:53
things that I want you to be thinking about that's a good idea and one so on that. 00:31:59
Vein, I think that for these city events like whether it's Bupa, Palooza or. 00:32:06
Vineyard days or whatever, I think it would be cool to. 00:32:13
Yeah, like you're saying, plug into the existing events and. 00:32:18
Maybe it's as simple as having bike ballet. 00:32:22
Right. Where I don't know if you guys have seen those at different city events or different. 00:32:25
But just having a section of bike parking. 00:32:30
Because, quite frankly, at Lake Grove Park the bike parking isn't great. 00:32:33
And. 00:32:38
If we just had a section and had people there and gave valet tickets and said yeah. 00:32:40
Ride your bike. It'll be safe. We'll someone will be. 00:32:46
And then turn in your ticket when you're ready to leave and get your bike back and ride home and so. 00:32:50
I think. 00:32:54
Yeah. Can we think of ways? So the bike bus obviously is something that we maybe wouldn't do until the spring maybe, I mean. 00:32:55
I think a few people would show up in January and February for it, but I think. 00:33:05
You know, maybe March, April, May is when. 00:33:11
Have regularly scheduled days for the bike bus. But then what? Are then looking at the calendar of city events and saying, OK, 00:33:14
what are what are these events? Where are they? Could we do a bike valet? Could we organize? 00:33:20
Group ride. 00:33:26
Start of the. 00:33:28
Parade at Vineyard Days or whatever. I don't know what it is. 00:33:30
Yeah, let's think. 00:33:34
Maybe. 00:33:36
Maybe at our next meeting we. 00:33:38
A list of city events for 2020. 00:33:40
And. 00:33:43
Look at how we could. 00:33:44
Bikes and active transportation to and from those events. 00:33:49
One item that we talked about. 00:33:54
Trying to have events cycling events come through Vineyard. 00:33:56
I know, Anthony. 00:34:00
Had a few ideas on that one, but I think that's when we try. 00:34:02
Really look forward because we've got a lot of running events it seems like in the city, but. 00:34:05
To have different biking events, I think. 00:34:10
Would get. 00:34:13
Boards of cyclists as opposed to just one or two. 00:34:16
Yeah, I remember when. 00:34:22
James Lawrence, Do you guys remember when he was doing? 00:34:24
The Iron Cowboy when he was doing the 100 triathlons part of I remember Anthony talked about that because part of his route. 00:34:28
Road through through Vineyard and. 00:34:35
Yeah, I think that's when we talked about it. But yeah, if we could have, I don't know how we well, the Tour of Utah, It doesn't 00:34:39
exist anymore, sadly, yeah, but. 00:34:43
Yeah. 00:34:51
Not. 00:34:53
Yeah, so maybe, I mean. 00:34:55
I don't know what it could look like. Maybe. I mean, there's probably. 00:34:57
Places that we could do a crit race, but yeah, Anthony would be the. 00:35:01
Cool. Yeah, that'd be cool. 00:35:07
And I was also curious. I mean, it's been a while, but we talked about a bike part now and again. 00:35:13
Did that get Shel? 00:35:19
Yeah. And I can't remember and Anthony, I think this was before your time, but there was because we, when I was first appointed to 00:35:23
the Commission, we met with. 00:35:28
Company and they've they had designs for that E part of. 00:35:36
Park. 00:35:42
And they had trails and pump tracks and jumps and things. They had it all. 00:35:44
Kind of scoped out, but it did get shut down. 00:35:50
And I can't remember why, but it was very sad. 00:35:53
To hear that again, shut. 00:35:57
I thought we still had a pump track involved in one of the at least. So that yeah, it's right now it's slated for. 00:35:59
The. 00:36:08
This way South of the city. 00:36:11
Where there's pickleball courts, part of the Central. 00:36:14
Corridor parks. 00:36:18
Where there's going to be pickleball courts, a grassy area, and. 00:36:21
Uh. 00:36:25
Skate park in Pump. 00:36:26
I don't know the timeline on that. I just know it. 00:36:29
Planned in that plan. 00:36:32
If that's it for that, we'll move on to the proposed meeting calendar. Do we vote on this or we just look on it, look at it and? 00:36:42
You'd have to vote on it. 00:36:49
We met six times this year and this calendar was. 00:36:53
Has four dates. Is there a reason for only once 1/4? So once 1/4 is? 00:36:58
It looked like it's been in the past, so these are just 10, you know, proposed dates for you to talk about. You don't have to 00:37:05
accept everything you can add on, and once you decide to add on to this, I will check with the other meetings that exist in the 00:37:12
city to make sure we're not having any conflicting dates. 00:37:18
And we can just, you know, add this. 00:37:26
The the entire, you know, year schedule, the minimum should be at least four. That's why we have. 00:37:30
One in every quarter, right? But looking at all these projects that you have shared right now, you would have to meet more to 00:37:37
discuss these and make it happen. So you're at liberty to. 00:37:44
Schedule meetings as a. 00:37:50
Umm. 00:37:53
To plan such projects. 00:37:55
Then you can also add on to these. 00:37:57
If you need to right now. 00:38:00
Yeah, I mean. 00:38:03
Love to see at least six meetings, and so I would. Probably. 00:38:07
Want to meet in January, March and May, so we still have our meeting in May during Bike Month. 00:38:13
And then July, September and November. 00:38:19
One thing to consider, I think we did it this year was meet in eight roles that were planning. That's true. Yeah, that's true. 00:38:22
That was nice. 00:38:26
Yeah. So I mean, I'm open to whatever. I just think that we should meet more than four times. 00:38:31
March, April and May. I don't know that it would hurt. 00:38:37
Great. 00:38:43
So, so March, April and May. So you're just saying at so we'd have seven meetings then? 00:38:45
Sure. I think if we did. 00:38:53
Both March and April I know May's Bike Month, but at the end of Bike Month I don't know that we have a ton to talk about meeting 00:38:55
three months in a row. 00:39:00
I mean. 00:39:07
Not a big thing on my schedule, but for the city, with how many other commissions there are competing, I would think that would be 00:39:08
a lot of work for these guys. 00:39:11
I would cut the May 1, but that's not what you guys think. 00:39:16
Or we could do January. 00:39:22
I agree somewhat to some extent on the May meeting, but I think that. 00:39:28
Because it's more top of mind. 00:39:33
And we've made a push to have people. 00:39:36
People have attended. 00:39:39
Bike Month meeting which I think is a good thing but. 00:39:41
Yeah, if we feel like maybe there's nothing to, that's good with me too. Again, I'm good to meet every month if you want to, but. 00:39:46
I. 00:39:49
Don't want to overburden? 00:39:54
Do we have? 00:39:59
Proposal A final what? 00:40:00
I think, I do think April. 00:40:03
Whether or not we. 00:40:05
May. I think, yeah, it's probably good to meet before May. 00:40:07
To make sure everything is plan. 00:40:10
Logistics are handled for bike. 00:40:12
Either way. 00:40:22
So if we do, I think 6. 00:40:24
Yeah, and I think. 00:40:28
For the League of American Cyclists. 00:40:30
I think for the for silver we we we need to meet six times, Yeah, I think for bronze we need to meet four, but for six we need to 00:40:36
meet. 00:40:40
How would February, April? 00:40:44
July, September and November. 00:40:48
That would be 6. 00:40:52
That works for me. 00:40:54
OK, let's do that third Tuesday. 00:40:57
February, April, May, July, September and November. I think that'll be our February, April, May. 00:41:00
July, July September. 00:41:08
Nove. 00:41:10
OK, so we're adding. 00:41:17
July and September. 00:41:23
Yeah. And getting rid of yes and getting getting rid of August, yeah. 00:41:26
That works. 00:41:33
OK, so on here I have February 20th. 00:41:35
Being the third Tuesday. 00:41:40
To. 00:41:43
So there's no March. 00:41:45
Yeah, we have April 16th. 00:41:48
Does the Tuesday. 00:41:52
We have May 20. 00:41:55
We we have July. 00:42:01
Yeah. And then September 16th or no, 17th, 17th and then November 19th. 00:42:10
Which we might need to move that one because that's the week of Thanksgiving. Do we want to do the 12th in November? 00:42:19
Instead of. It's probably a good idea if that's possible, yeah, so that people are here. 00:42:25
All right. Because we moved to N1 to the second Tuesday, I will have to confirm with the recorder and just let you know if that 00:42:37
works. If not, would you be OK with the 26th? That's the week after Thanksgiving. 00:42:44
That sounds fine. Sure that will work OK for me. 00:42:52
OK, so do we need a like a motion and yes. 00:43:00
I move to adopt the schedule as we just discussed. 00:43:07
And then all in favor. 00:43:14
OK. 00:43:17
Moving on to our last. 00:43:19
Not our last, but our second to last. Um. 00:43:22
Topic appointment of chair and vice chair. So we've come to the end of. 00:43:26
Another year and we need to. 00:43:32
Appoint a new chair and vice chair. And so I think. 00:43:35
Anthony, I think. 00:43:39
Leave it open for people to nominate. 00:43:42
A new chair. 00:43:45
And then we'll vote on it, right? Yes, that's how you do. 00:43:48
I think you're doing a good job. If you want to keep doing it, I'm good, a good job. I'm happy to support someone else. 00:43:54
I don't think you guys have gotten a chance to serve on. 00:44:01
I'd nominate. 00:44:11
Chair. 00:44:13
You would or you do? I do nominate. Sorry. 00:44:14
I. 00:44:19
Yeah, all all those in favor of. 00:44:22
Tyler being our next chair. 00:44:25
Aye. 00:44:28
OK. 00:44:33
Well, I in that case I would nominate Jordan for to be Vice chair. 00:44:35
I. 00:44:43
OK. 00:44:45
And then all those in favor of Jordan as vice chair. Aye, aye. 00:44:45
OK, that was easy. 00:44:50
Anything else? Any. Was that formal enough? Yes, that's it. I will record it. 00:44:54
Could possibly be just a gentle reminder. 00:45:01
We have Amber Rasmussen as. 00:45:05
Council member. 00:45:09
All these on to the BAC, so the current chair would have. 00:45:10
Provide or put together a report. 00:45:17
To her. 00:45:20
You know, every quarter. 00:45:21
And would have to pretty much have a lot more interactions with her. 00:45:23
On most of the programs and projects that we intend to do. 00:45:29
And she will just push it to the next level, which is council. 00:45:32
When it comes to some of these implementations and stuff being passed. 00:45:37
So I thought I'll just throw that in. 00:45:41
You know, as the new chair. 00:45:44
You would have to be communicating a lot with Amber. 00:45:48
Great. 00:45:54
Do we want to for Bike Month? 00:45:56
Do we want to form like a subcommittee? 00:45:59
For people to work on that. 00:46:02
Last year there were a lot of ideas that we kind of just ran out of time. 00:46:04
Expl. 00:46:09
Tyler. 00:46:13
Well, no, in January, but OK. 00:46:17
I'm not ready for that, no. 00:46:20
Yeah, I think because because last year, because Anna worked on a lot of stuff. 00:46:24
Yeah, just in her role as events. 00:46:29
And so I think it might be good to. 00:46:33
A team or a subcommittee, whatever the formal if it's outside of the Bicycle Advisory Commission. 00:46:38
Just focused. 00:46:45
Bike month specific items. 00:46:47
Yeah, there were a lot of logistics involved and just making sure that. 00:46:51
We could. We can do everything that we want to. So I don't know how that works. But Anthony, looks like you can. I make a 00:46:55
suggestion? Yeah, you could probably start having interruptions with Anna. 00:47:02
About all the events that are about to happen next year. 00:47:09
And start having discussions on how you can start plugging in even before. 00:47:14
Bike Month because we would have a lot of lessons. Lessons to. 00:47:19
From then till Bike Month end. 00:47:25
Possibly have the best bike month that Vineyard has ever had. 00:47:29
So it's just a. 00:47:34
Yeah, I think that's that's a good idea. 00:47:37
You know, starting now. Kind of. 00:47:41
Events. 00:47:45
Ideas. Just figuring out OK. 00:47:47
What's happening? Who's involved and? 00:47:49
Working on. 00:47:52
To make it happen. So that's great. Anything else from Commission members, any? 00:47:54
Reports or things. I know Anthony had that connectivity analysis. 00:48:00
Put together, so we'll we'll make that available. 00:48:06
For Anthony, well, and we'll be able to see it and then, but other than that, was there anything else from from the group? I do 00:48:10
have a question I brought up potentially looking at design options for 400 S and how to make that safer, especially after. 00:48:17
The accident that happened there. 00:48:25
With that not being on the agenda, what's our plan for? 00:48:28
Making a recommendation if we want to make a recommendation, and I've heard that we also have gained control of that Orem. 00:48:32
We're doing that and I'd like to confirm or deny that rumor because. 00:48:42
Boomers are not useful. 00:48:46
Anthony, had you heard anything on? 00:48:49
There's no information right now. 00:48:53
On my end to. 00:48:55
But. 00:48:58
Can have it as an agenda item. 00:49:00
Or something, a rolling item where we can start discussions with the same. 00:49:03
Morgan on the way forward with this design and options because as a bike Commission we. 00:49:09
Pretty much discuss options for setting in their intersections that are not safe that we identify from our surveys. 00:49:16
And it'll be good to make some recommendations and also umm. 00:49:24
Have the engineer. 00:49:30
Work with us on making this happen so it's possible to have those discussions. 00:49:33
If possible, I would like to. 00:49:39
Have that be an agenda item at the next meeting, OK, for recommendations, not just on our portion of the road if that's that's 00:49:43
still a divided. 00:49:47
Use but also recommendations to bring to or. 00:49:53
So we'd make a recommendation for the whole Rd. 00:49:57
We can work with Orem or what have we got to do to coordinate with them and have something that's not just you know? 00:50:00
Sort of Half the road looks one way and the other half of the road looks the other way. 00:50:08
But yeah, I'd like to get something solidified and put into. 00:50:12
The transportation plan. 00:50:17
To get that changed so we can prevent further. 00:50:20
Yes. So one of the things we would be doing something we have discussed in the planning department and we want to roll out. 00:50:25
And. 00:50:34
Google sheet or Excel spreadsheet where we can? 00:50:35
Actually, is going to be Google Sheets actually where? 00:50:41
Can have you. 00:50:45
Or just share ideas on things you want to have on their agenda. 00:50:47
So it's roll in anytime you have an idea, you know there's one spot that you can go and put. 00:50:51
You know your concerns. 00:50:57
For items that should be on the agenda and before every be a see, we will see through that. 00:50:59
And make a decision on which which ones qualify to be. 00:51:07
Discussed in the upcoming. 00:51:11
Meeting. 00:51:14
So that will be sent. 00:51:15
First part of. 00:51:17
Cool. 00:51:21
Thanks everyone. 00:51:23
And with that, do we we don't need to move to adjourn, right? It's just. 00:51:26
We can just. 00:51:30
OK. Well, in that case, I moved to adjourn second. 00:51:33
OK. And all in favor. All right. All right. Thanks everyone. 00:51:38
Happy Merry Christmas. 00:51:43
scroll up